Directors – Mr Chris Mangan, Mr Michael Nash, Mr Nicholas Livermore
Launching in 2010, the Brisbane NRL Expansion Bid quickly gained the reputation for one of the most organised and well-prepared sporting bid-franchises of NRL History.
Drawing on both Advisory Board Members and its Executive Team, the Brisbane Bombers NRL Bid consortium has developed a long-term strategy to grow both the NRL and Rugby League in the south-east corner of Queensland.
The Brisbane Bombers proposition has many elements which support its bid for a second Brisbane based team:
- The Brisbane population base can support an additional team (2.3 million people in Brisbane)
- Combine the dense pockets of regional rugby league support including Ipswich, Redland Bay, Wynnum-Manly, Logan, Redcliffe & the Sunshine Coast
- The Brisbane Bombers catchment areas will include the Logan City Council, Redland Bay Council, Ipswich City Council, Brisbane City Council as well as the Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast Regional Councils.
- Targeted junior development programs North, South and West of Brisbane.
- High levels of corporate interest and financial support from an engaged Rugby League community – essential for the sustainability of a new NRL club
- Provision of a more competitive sponsorship landscape by opening the door to increased commercial and corporate partners – Brisbane will no longer be a one team town
- A highly capable operational team of experienced professionals and an Advisory Board comprising top-level management executives
- A world-class game day facility in the heart of our city – Suncorp Stadium
- A multi-million dollar development that will house the Brisbane Bombers and Australian High Performance and Recovery Centre
- The appeal of a Brisbane-based local derby competition: The Battle of Brisbane: Bombers vs Broncos