Brisbane has the population, corporate support, infrastructure and love of the game to justify another NRL team.
The Brisbane Bombers strategic plan, organisational structure and priorities demonstrates values in action and the commitment placed behind them. A considerable amount of time and resource has been devoted to ensuring that our structures support and enable the realisation of these values. From the Advisory Board to the detailed planning in a financially-sustainable business, the Brisbane Bombers NRL Bid are committed to building a club and football team, that is: deeply immersed in our communities and one that demands integrity from all.
It is imperative that these ensure our foundations are substantial and able to support long-term growth in the decades ahead and, importantly, one that is successful on the field and within its many engagements with the community.
The Brisbane Bombers are the genuine Brisbane-expansion bid team bringing to the NRL:
- A football blueprint to expand junior participation and supporters of the game
- A commercially sustainable business that grows the greatest game of all
- A true local derby with sponsorship benefits for both the Brisbane Broncos and Brisbane Bombers
- A multi-million dollar community engagement financial commitment
- An opportunity to partner with a number of feeder clubs that will flow into the grassroots of the game
- A strategic plan of sustainability, underpinned by integrity and a community-orientation
Planning has been comprehensive, conservative, informed and consultative. There has been input from many high profile members within the game and in Queensland; the breadth of the Brisbane Bombers NRL bid proposal testifies to that wide input.
The key business planning modelling is being conducted and continually reviewed by PricewaterhouseCoopers and demonstrates that even with a conservative business case , the Bombers bid will be a positive influence within the community and a strong, sustainable advocate for rugby league.
The Brisbane Bombers proposal for inclusion in the NRL competition offers:
- True value for NRL broadcasting partners with two games every weekend featuring a Brisbane team with Queensland heroes
- A focus on membership development and a family and fan focused Game Day experience
- A world-class standard home training facility only minutes from the Brisbane CBD, Airport and Suncorp Stadium incorporating the Australian International Sports Training Complex (AISTC)
- A true local derby with attractive potential sponsorship rights and new commercial opportunities for Brisbane
- A partnership focus in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast Region and the Moreton Bay Regional Council incorporating the booming Sunshine Coast Region to provide a base in excess of 4,000,000.
- A pathway for juniors, into InTrust Super Cup and beyond in South-East Queensland
The Brisbane Bombers NRL Bid will continue to develop our footprint as the Bid progresses and we continue to learn and grow in our endeavours to join the greatest game of all.